Cann't connect to cups page

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 18:29:58 UTC 2003

Tim Waugh wrote:

>Since you are using the web interface and not the graphical tool, make
>sure that you remove redhat-config-printer so that it doesn't make any
>changes you don't expect.
>
>Tim.

I realize I wasn't clear in my prior post. I can't connect to cups on the
print server at all. That is, I can't print. I was trying to connect to the
web interface to see if the jobs actually got there. ( There's no way to see
that thru printconfig is there? ).  The print server can print locally.

In any event, here I have a brand new install, and something is stopping me
from printing on it. So I assume Fedora has some access control I don't know
about. Not iptables - I flushed them ;  not hosts.deny - it's blank.

I've assumed - mybe wrongly - that whatever is stopping me from using the
cups web interface is the same thing that's stopping me from printing.

So - I am using printconfig -  I'm only using the web interface to try to
figure out what's wrong.

thanks for any help

sean

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
patented spam control and more.  Get two months FREE!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa