Much Excitement & Delay Clarification?

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 00:05:04 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Schmidt <bts at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

Brian> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Edward C. Bailey wrote:
>> You're reading way too much into the difference between "a few" and
>> "several".  There's also another thing to keep in mind -- the date at
>> which a release is widely available is not 100% within Red Hat's
>> control.  There are delays inherent in dealing with the export control
>> issues as well as the time it takes for mirrors to synch up to the new
>> release.  That's why the "as soon as possible" comment is there -- not
>> for some nefarious reason... :-)

Brian> Come on, Ed.  Quit jerking our collective chains.  It's all become
Brian> very apparent to us that Red Hat stays up late at night finding
Brian> every possible way to manipulate us with these word games.  Your
Brian> hand has been called; I, for one, will not be fooled!!  ;)

Argh -- I have been discovered!  Time to disappear in a puff of
smoke... :-)

                            Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/