Fedora and Rawhide

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Tue Nov 4 15:08:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 21:58, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Gerry Tool (gstool at earthlink.net) said:
> > During Fedora Test, rawhide has been used in a slightly new fashion to
> > provide updates for testing via a channel in up2date.  This has probably
> > created an anticipation that updates will continue to be supplied in
> > this way.  What do we switch to for update channels once Fedora Core 1
> > is released?
> >
> > I will probably answer the question myself by noting that the most
> > recent updates have changed the up2date channel designation to two
> > channels called "fedora-core-1" and "updates-released."  Will these
> > channels now have a distinct set of updates different from rawhide?
>
> Correct.
>
> fedora-core-1 is the base OS, and updates-released is, well, updates.

It would probably not be far off the mark, then, to expect that when
FC2-test1 is ready, there will be a downloadable distro (ISO, Fedora
tree) to try, which would be updated by the testers from Rawhide, until
testing is complete and FC2 goes gold. In other words, pretty much what
has happened during the FC1 test period. Correct?

--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>