[Fwd: RH9 --> Fedora]

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Nov 4 16:14:38 UTC 2003

Has anyone written an "Upgrading RedHat to Fedora Core" document?
That would be useful for those not quite as comfortable with all
the options available.

Addressing at least issues like the following:

- Will I want to download the ISOs and burn CDs to do an upgrade
  or will I be able to upgrade by using up2date/apt/yum?

- If I can use up2date/apt/yum, what changes do I need to make
  in what files in order to do that?

- If I have RedHat Linux version 7.x, 8, 9, etc. what are the
  things to look out for.

- Once I'm upgraded to FC1, how do I stay current with patches
  and updates?

That sort of thing.  I'd contribute it myself but I don't know
enough.

--
Henry