RH recommends using Windows?

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Tue Nov 4 17:02:13 UTC 2003

Eric Hartwell wrote :

> /* two cents and change
> But that's where LUG's and community support come into play. If the 90
> year-old grand dad wants to install in Linux (or anyone else for that
> matter) there should be some Linux community representative around to
> lend a hand. (Where did grampa get teh Linux distro in the first place?)
>
> We linux people need to rise up and make our services know. Yeah yeah..
> you wanna make a living off linux. go forth and do so. but remember that
> Linux is community driven - we need developers and computer users to help
> those around them.
> */

I agree, although not completely : Getting help easily is great. Sharing
knowledge is fantastic. But being easily stuck with your computer if you
don't know where to get help or if none is available at that very moment
isn't something that should happen.

Free Software is wonderful but the underlyings of *N?X are complicated.
Those are two facts no one can do much about, for the best or the worst.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 0.08 0.19 0.19