RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 12:34:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117575,00.htm
>
> [...]Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature
> further before home users will get a positive experience from the
> operating system, saying they should choose Windows instead.
> [...]"I would argue that from the device-driver standpoint[...]

The linux nVidia driver is fine as are the scanner, printer and USB
drivers - the only thing I've ever had problems with are some of the
legacy network cards.

> if this would be your answer to an linux-newbie with a "good enough box
> without the driver"
> he would say "ta ta linux for ever, where is my win-xp cd ?!"

I wouldn't answer the question in the same way to a Linux newbie - I
doubt anyone would (unless they work for MS that is!). Newbies are a
those you need to lead gently and who also have all hells job getting XP
to work as well!

TTFN

Paul
--
Free your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Free your mind to a choice of applications which you can control