OOo PPC suport. [patchset !!]

Guy M. Streeter streeter at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 15:11:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 06:14, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:00:25AM -0600, Guy M. Streeter wrote:
> > In
> > http://people.redhat.com/streeter/
> > you'll find some rpms that will make an upgrade go more smoothly.
>
> Could you provide src.rpms too please :)
>
> > A version of yum that doesn't look in the ppc64 arch for ppc rpms.
>
> I assume you hacked archwork.py which is where the compat stuff is done.
> Could you post a diff please - I'm just curious as I've been looking at
> fixing this, and it's possible you've done this already so it works on
> both ppc64 with 32 bit compat and ppc32 only.

Yes, I just took ppc64 out of the list in archwork.py. That means it
won't work for a ppc64 arch. It isn't a solution, it's a hack. :)

> > A version of mkinitrd that doesn't require ppc64-utils.
>
> Do you require pmac-utils, I've built a package of that.  I was
> wondering about how this package should be structured as ppc64-utils
> could provide pmac-utils.

I just removed the requirement for ppc64-utils. Once again, a hack, not
a fix.

> > A version of fedora-release for ppc.
>
> I assume you just edited ExclusiveArch: rather than write ppc specific
> release-notes :)

Yep!

> FWIW there is a new YDL kernel available (thanks Dan):
>
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-3.0.1/ppc/

Dan's the man!
btw, I'm running 2.6.0-test9 from bk://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc-2.5
on my iMac DV, and it seems to be working fine.

> Paul

--Guy