upgrade from RH9 to Fedora

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 18:44:22 UTC 2003

Scott,
I like to do "clean installs" too... I did that when I installed FCT2 and
FCT3, and will when FC1 is out as well. Right now I don't care if I reformat
the entire drive... I bought a second drive just for the purpose of running
Linux.... but when Linux starts actually replacing my Windows system, I
won't have the luxury of simply reformatting the entire disk....

What do you do to preserve the contents of /home and other directories?

I wish there were an option in the install process that allowed "everything
to be wiped out" except for the user stuff.
I suspect this is easier said that done though because apps might have a
tendency to put stuff in various directories... like maybe a certain app
installs fonts it needs.... I might not want those put in the X11 directory,
but that might be "convenient" for the app....