FC1 squid 100% CPU usage

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Mon Nov 10 17:27:44 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 05:26, Warren Togami wrote:
> I upgraded a firewall from RH9 to FC1 today and suddenly saw 100% cpu
> usage of squid after about a minute or two of runtime.  I downgraded
> squid to the version that shipped in RH9 (same config file) and the
> problem went away.
>
> FC1 squid-2.5.STABLE3-0
> RH9 squid-2.5.STABLE1-2
> Is anyone else seeing this problem?
>
> Warren Togami
> warren at togami.com
  Try erasing /var/spool/squid/swap.state when squid is stopped. I had
similar problem with earlier versions of Squid. In the log file there
was something about rebuilding this file -> 1, 2, 3%, restart and again
1, 2, 3%, restart... The CPU was at 124%... hope this helps.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev