recompiling kernel

Michal Zeravik michalz at olomouc.com
Wed Nov 26 00:22:16 UTC 2003

Hi to all,

I've tried to configure/install rivatv for my MSI GF4Ti VIVO to get
tv-capture working,
but got some errors about kernel config:
Checking for CONFIG_I2C... no
*** ERROR:
*** Your kernel is not correctly configured, please enable CONFIG_I2C
Checking for CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT... no
*** ERROR:
*** Your kernel is not correctly configured, please enable
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT

I've tried to build own kernel in the past, but unsuccessfully. What is
the method:

1. install kernel-sources (fc1's 2.4.22.nptl) .. done

how can I make my config to use for compiling?
Are there some special CFLAGS for kernel compiling?
Or any other danger?

Thank you.
Michal