scsi errors when usb changes?

Tommy McNeely tommy.mcneely at sun.com
Wed Oct 1 19:55:06 UTC 2003

I made two costers before I realized what was going on..

I have a KVM switch that literally takes advantage of the
hot-plug-ability of USB, so it doesnt have a lot of internal
electronics (read: cheap).. for some strange reason when I switch away
from my seven(1) box, running 2.4.22-1.2051nptlsmp (athlon) it does
something to the SCSI bus that causes a CDburn to fail. I can readily
reproduce it, but I have no clue what the bug is.. is it something with
the kernel? with some sort of hot plug thing? with cdrecord? with ???

Any suggestions?

Tommy