numlock at boot

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 20:28:29 UTC 2003

For people who want this feature - I'm wondering if simply having
the desktop make the value persistant would be a good solution?

 - If you always want it off, it will stay off
 - If you always want it on, it will stay on
 - If you use both, then "the way it was when you logged off"
   is a pretty good guess for the default value.

That doesn't help people who want to use the numeric keypad
on the console, but I think that's a relatively small group.
And using the numeric keypad on the login screen seems exotic.

In GNOME it would be relatively easy to make gnome-settings-daemon
track the current value of the numlock key, store it in gconf,
and then restore on restart.

Regards,
					Owen