suggestion

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Oct 2 21:44:24 UTC 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 16:38, Gerry Tool wrote:
> Your system is currently running kernel-2.4.22-1.2061.nptl, but the
> newest installed kernel is kernel-2.4.22-1.2082.nptl. It is recommended
> that you reboot at the first opportunity to test this new kernel.

I am sure it did since I have had that before even when I manually installed
the kernel but then ran up2date without rebooting.

What I am talking about is the up2date "session" when the kernel is installed
... it just completes (after changing the default boot kernel in
/boot/grub/grub.conf.
--
Gene