seven beta 2 updates channel and rhn-applet

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Oct 3 21:55:12 UTC 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 20:39, Gerry Tool wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 19:10, Louis Garcia wrote:
> > Is their a way to make the rhn-applet point to the update channel?
>
> Log onto Red Hat Network.
>
> Select the Systems Tab.
>
> Select your Severn system.
>
> Click on Alter Channel Subscriptions.
>
> Place a check by Severn Beta 2 (i386) Updates.
>
> Click on Change Subscriptions.
>
> The next time you run up2date from the panel applet, it will have this
> channel available.

I was about the answer this question the same way you did but then I looked at
his question again.

I went to the box I am running fedora on and the update applet showed I was
current.  I had previously done what you suggested about and so I then ran
up2date ... there are updates.

Apparently, the rhn applet only checks the main channel for updates.

--
Gene