Grub stage1 file error

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Sun Oct 5 18:58:49 UTC 2003

Michael and Michael, thanks very much for your responses.
I'll try to use 'parted' to check the type of partition again.
The problem is that even when I created a GRUB boot disk, and used the
GRUB command line to manually boot the partition, it couldn't read it.
I try:
# root(hd0,6) (which is /dev/hda7)
and I get:
unrecognized partition (or similar)

One more question is, say that it is a FAT16 partition, and I want to
convert it to ext3 without formatting. How can I do this? Just curious
:)

Appreciating your help,
Ossama