error: abuse of service

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes tvinhas at techbyte.com.br
Sun Oct 5 22:49:57 UTC 2003

I'm trying to update my Fedora Beta2 system, and got the following
error, how do I fix this?

[root at techbyte root]# up2date -u --nox
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1165, in ?
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 639, in main
    up2dateAuth.updateLoginInfo()
  File "up2dateAuth.py", line 139, in updateLoginInfo
  File "up2dateAuth.py", line 116, in login
up2date_client.up2dateErrors.AbuseError:
Error Message:
    Abuse of Service detected for server techbyte.com.br (1003748733)
Error Class Code: 49
Error Class Info:
     You are getting this error because RHN has detected an abuse of
     service from this system and account. This error is triggered when
     your system makes too many connections to Red Hat Network. This
     error can not be triggered under a normal use of the Red Hat
Network
     service as configured by default on Red Hat Linux.

     The Red Hat Network services for this system will remain disabled
     until you will reduce the RHN network traffic from your system to
     acceptable limits.

     Please log into RHN and visit
https://rhn.redhat.com/help/contact.pxt
     to contact technical support if you think you have received this
     message in error.