getting pine to run under fedora 0.94 -- a couple issues

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 14:32:20 UTC 2003

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>> Also, you don't need to edit the spec manually, you can
>>just do this command on the SRPM:
>

>>	rpm --rebuild --define "nokerberos 1" pine-4.44-19.90.0.src.rpm
>

> ah, i wasn't aware of the command-line --define.  but a couple of
> questions:
>
> 1) are you sure you mean "rpm" and not "rpmbuild"?

Right, rpmbuild is the correct command on RHL 8.0 and newer.  I do a lot
of building still on RHL 7.3 systems where you can still use "rpm" for
the build commands.  I figured that was self-evident, sorry.

> 2) in any case, i don't see the "--define" option in the man page
>    for either of these commands.  it would have made my life much
>    simpler if that option had been documented.  or am i once again
>    looking in the wrong place?

Hmm, that is a bug I guess.  It's real easy to add options to RPM due to
  the "popt" interface, and I guess someone forgot to document this when
they added it.  See /usr/lib/rpm/rpmpopt-4.2.1 for examples of this.

--Jeremy