Getting Started Guide For Fedora

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Oct 9 19:18:34 UTC 2003

John Munsch wrote:

> Please, please, please give comments on how to make this better.

looks really good so far john - good stuff!!

im not in my fedora install at the moment (im at work) but i think that
'Sound Juicer' is installed by default and it seems to be a newer
replacement for grip. Nothing against grip - i have ripped many a cd
with this tool - but if you can save newbies the step of installing more
software  - maybe give a rundown of 'Sound Juicer'.

actually now that i come to think of it - i remember i had troubles with
sound juicer - it was naming the tracks incorrectly and not ripping all
of the songs that i had checked in list ...

its all coming back to me now ...  you also need to install the mp3
package to be able to rip to mp3, and it allows ripping to FLAC (i think
thats the name) - but i reckon you might need to install the codec for
that too.

anyhoo - what im trying to say is sound juicer looked to have potential
so check it out!