[FEDORA] Browsing Samba in Nautilus

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Fri Oct 10 14:50:39 UTC 2003

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 22:22, Santiago Erquicia wrote:
>
>>I disabled the firewall completely and now it's working.  When I
>>selected eth0 only as trusted didn't work.
>>
>>On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 21:44, alton bailey wrote:
>>
>>>check your firewall setting and enable the check box beside eth0 and also
>>>enable firewall and test it again
>>>alton
>>>

> This did not work for me at all. Didn't really expect it to either
> though. I figured if I can see things from a command prompt via
> smbclient -L <server name>, then the firewall is not the issue anyway.

I'm not sure if I've tried using it in connection with a windows box,
but every time I give nautilus an SMB location, it crashes. I know a
crash bug is one I should always file, but I have yet to use an
application that can open a file by me clicking on it in Nautilus while
browsing an SMB share, so it's not exactly limiting my normal usage.