problems with up2date

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Tue Oct 14 16:20:43 UTC 2003

I have a fully updated system, using up2date with the rawhide yum repo
on ftp.redhat.com. I've been trying to build wine, first the 20030911
source RPM from the winehq.com site. That fails because dockbook-utils
doesn't have docbook2pdf, so the configure script ends up literally
running `false` to generate the PDF docs. I tried aliasing docbook2pdf
to true, which worked until it tried to package things and couldn't find
half the docs. So I poked around and found a src RPM in the stable
section of fedora.us for RH 9. So I downloaded that and trying to build
it said I needed a bunch of -devel RPMs, one of them being
openssl-devel. So I tried `up2date openssl-devel`. And it just hangs at
"Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...". I've tried it
several times over the past few days. Running `up2date -uv` works just
fine though. I've never used yum by itself, is it not designed for just
grabbing one package + dependencies?

Has anyone been able to get a wine RPM build on FC?