Test 3 install from USB cdrom drive

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeen.com
Tue Oct 14 19:52:54 UTC 2003

I'm attempting to install test 3 on an IBM 240 with an Iomega
external CDRW drive.  This is failing miserably.  Things go
along okay, can do a media check and that's fine.  System asks
me for language, keyboard, media information.  It then says it
is loading the usb storage driver, followed by saying that there
are no appropriate devices for install.  Occasionally it instead
starts trying to start the install, but then says it is getting
bad magic from cpio.

Anyone else seeing this?  I did file a bug report.  This
combination of hardware installed just fine (booting from floppy
) on redhat 8 and 9.