test 3 installation comments/questions

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 21:27:31 UTC 2003

Yes, that's true...

What I'd really like... is the time remaining until the next CD (human
intervention) is needed, or "time line marks" on the overall progress bar to
show "media progress"....

But I can see that being a real challenge because you need to know which
packages are being installed from which CDs... hmmm, it must do something
like that now because prior to starting the install it tells me I need the
following CDs... (1&2 for a basic workstation)

BTW, I really like that touch.... though the message preceding it lies about
it being the last chance to quit the install... after you say Yes, I'm sure,
proceed... it pops that up saying you need these disks... and gives to
ANOTHER chance to say "never mind"... How about combing that into one
screen?

Don