Preferences / Preferred Applications does not work properly

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap_haitsma at zonnet.nl
Tue Oct 14 22:26:36 UTC 2003

If I try to set my preferred web browser to a custom one (I want to set
it to firebird)
I see that Preferred applications does not keep this setting. When I
launch the Preferred apps app again both radio button of select web
browser and custom web browser are disabled and in grey. Same thing
happens when I try to select my custom mail reader.

When I change between the listed web browsers (in my case lynx and
links)  preferred applications is saving this correctly but if I then
for example launch the RHN website from rhn_applet it always use links
even if I selected lynx

Anybody else seeing this? Or should I do something else to get this working

Jaap