Installer uses dma for cd-rom?

Dennis Bjorklund db at zigo.dhs.org
Wed Oct 15 16:08:47 UTC 2003

It seems like fedora turns on dma for cd-rom drives, and that does not
work on a computer I have. Redhat 9 however works fine to install on that
machine.

I can get it to install if I give the kernel the parameter ide=nodma.

Is this really a good change? There are a lot of broken computers out
there that does not work with dma for the cdrom.

If it's not a mistake but an intended change, then I suggest that a
help text is added to help users find the ide=nodma.

--
/Dennis