up2date from behind corporate firewall

pjain001 at covad.net pjain001 at covad.net
Wed Oct 15 16:53:54 UTC 2003

pjain001 at covad.net wrote:
>> I just installed FC3 on my work machine and up2date can't seem to get
>> through the corporate firewall.  The only outgoing traffic that's allowed
>> is on port 80.  up2date with RHN used to work without a problem.  Does
>> anyone know what port is being used with FC3 to get a list of the updates
>> and then grab the RPMs?
>>
>> My proxy settings are correctly set.

> the FC test3 (not FC3) release uses the rawhide yum repository by
> default, if I'm not mistaken. It's configured in
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source, and should be specified as an http repo, so
> I'd imagine it is trying to go out on port 80. Do you have access to run
>a sniffer on your machine to see what's going out?

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a sniffer but using netstat it does
look like it's hitting our proxy server on port 80.  Not sure why it's not
getting out.  If I change the source to use the up2date default, it gets
out but responds by telling me:
Error Message:

    Your account does not have access to any channels matching
(release='0.95', arch='i686-redhat-linux')

Thanks again!