AMD Athlon64 Systems -- dual-940 boards with AGP+PCI-X are still costly ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Oct 16 05:21:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 23:31, seth vidal wrote:
> After having suffered through 50 or so tyan 2460s and 2466 dual athlon
> motherboards I personally hope to never see another tyan motherboard.
> never a larger steaming pile of crap have I seen.

I'm running on the Tyan 2460 Tiger MP right here.  Been solid under
Linux.  XP Pro is a different story (BIOS issues it seems).  I've heard
of a few people with power-related issues, but I've got an Antec 550W
True Power and 0 such issues.

The Tyan 2466 Tiger MPX is supposed to be even more stable.  The
redesign of the power was supposed to help.

But if you really wanted stability, you should have gone with a Tyan
Thunder product.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org