up2date -p with yum

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 15:04:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 09:40:25AM -0400, ne... wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2003 at 15:23, Mauri Sahlberg in a soothing rage wrote:
>
> >This is probably either "RTFM question" or "not even possible to do
> >without serious coding question" but how do you configure RHN Alert
> >Notification Tool to notify against rawhide?
> I believe the new rhn-applet-2.1.0-1 rpm handles this now.

  yep, to handle rawhide from up2date/rhn_applet add this line to
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources :

yum rawhide http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide

BTW rhn-applet-2.1.1 is out adding proxy support (though up2date might
not yet work with the proxy):

yum rhn_applet http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/testing/yum/rhn-applet

Daniel