Install only offers ext2/3?

Thu Oct 16 17:20:33 UTC 2003

> Perhaps they could be, now that Fedora is not a Red Hat product.
> Historically, I believe they were off by default because they were not
> supported by Red Hat.

Am I missing something?  Anyone care to elaborate?  Fedora is more of a
redhat product that it was before.  Redhat is paying people to work on it.
It is downloaded from, and updated from redhat's servers.. just like this
mailing list...  (of course fedora is supposed to be more of a community
project than redhat was, but from my understanding, redhat has final say
over what goes into fedora core, and that makes it a redhat product in my
mind).

At any rate, it would seem if redhat didn't want to support JFS, etc.,
they wouldn't compile them into the kernel.  I would guess it's easier to
support users if you have a greater percentage chance of knowing what they
are running.

 -- noah silva