MD5 mismatch in 0.94

Michael Clewley miketclew at nepotia.org
Fri Oct 17 18:59:49 UTC 2003

On 17, Thomas DuVally wrote:
> Why do the "release.xxxxx" files in the 0.94 apt tree say they are
> 0.95?

In your /var/stats/apt/lists/ dir? That should only be if  you specify a
0.95 repository in your sources.list(.d/*.list)? files.

> These seem to be causing md5sum mismatch errors when I try to use
> apt.  Am I the only one seeing this?

I was suffering from a similar issue... and I took a few repository
visits to learn that the 0.94's were GONE. Instead, I found 0.95. So, I
did one of these:

for file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* ; do perl -pi.bak -e 's/\.94/\.95/' $file ; done

To up them all the to the release that was available, then all worked as
expected (After an update/dist-upgrade).

Oh! I did have to comment one line out in my apt.conf.. and that was
this guy:

// Ignore { "gpg-pubkey"; };

I set this, instead, to work around unsigned packages (Scary, kinda):

GPG-Check "false";

Anyways.. HTH.

-mike

--