"System Settings - Display" no longer functions

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 17 20:16:55 UTC 2003

I've just installed the latest rawhide updates, and rebooted the system
to verify that the newer kernel works. It does.

version:kernel-2.4.22-1.2096.nptl

As usual, I had to do: export CC=gcc32, and reinstall the nVidia drivers.

Now when I run the display settings, it just "sits there"... selecting
any changes, and "ok"... and nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.
Looks like nVidia and XFree are really at odds with each other ...?

version:redhat-config-xfree86-0.9.13-1

Anyone else observes this behavoir?

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.