acme?

nsilva-list at atari-source.com nsilva-list at atari-source.com
Mon Oct 20 10:55:13 UTC 2003

Quoting Phillip Compton <pcompton at proteinmedia.com>:

> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 18:54, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> > I could have sworn acme was in redhat 9, and I didn't think I saw it
> Acme is in the QA queue for fedora.us. If you need it, you could grab
> the SRPM. Also, feel free to help with QA.

Phil,
I never used fedora (previous to the new redhat fedora), I always used
FreshRPMs.  I don't know how the QA process works, but if you point me to the
right FAQ (or whatever), I would be glad to help out.

Also, I managed to install ACME from the author's RPM, and it works fine, at
least ont he apple pro keyboard I am using.  Only key that won't work is the
"Eject/Power" key, which I have a feeling does something odd.

Another applet I really miss in fedora is the keyboard state indicator one (Not
sure the exact name, but next time I boot into debian I will check).  It shows
the numlock, capslock, and scroll-lock states, which is nice for keyboards that
don't have the LEDs (like my apple pro keyboard and also my gyration wireless
keyboard).

 -- noah silva