vote for Lilo

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 20 19:06:05 UTC 2003

Owen Taylor writes:

> The reasonable thing to do here is to fix Grub. If we just include Lilo
> support, how would we present it to the user?

I think this is correct. But, meanwhile, we need the choice to install
either grub or lilo, as per Shrike and Psyche.

And, we also need to clarify the missing features requirements.

I know I threw up a quick and dirty list. But, I'm not ready to say this
is a complete list from the accessibility point of view. We need to vet
that around the various kinds of interface user group communities. This
will take some time--time and effort we will put in under the FSG
Accessibility WG.

But, meanwhile, there's FC 1.0, and possibly 2.0, etc.

>  [x] GRUB works on my system
>
> This is not a sensible choice to present to the user.
>
> Regards,
> 						Owen
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group