Speakup in kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 21 19:34:29 UTC 2003

Michael K. Johnson writes:
> From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com>
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:37:19AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > Michael K. Johnson writes:
> > > From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com>
> > > There were multiple reasons that it was pulled, including security.
> > > Until it is upstream, I'd call its inclusion an unfortunately failed
> > > experiment.  :-(
> >
> > You are calling the most successful user interface for blind computer
> > users a failure? That's a rather strange spin.
>
> No.  I'm calling the *inclusion* failed.  We put in something that was
> not upstream, and found out later that we should have stuck to our
> normal policy (even then) of pushing upstream first.
>
> > And, as for those multiple issues, where are they documented, please? I
> > don't recall any documentation of security, or any issue other than a
> > single I18N issue.
>
> It was discussed with the author.  Not all security issues are subject
> to instant full disclosure.

OK. I can easily check with the author and will do so.

But, you said "multiple issues, including security." What else, please?
With documentation, please.

Put up, Michael.

> michaelkjohnson
>
>  "He that composes himself is wiser than he that composes a book."
>  Linux Application Development                     -- Ben Franklin
>  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group