removable media

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Tue Oct 21 19:59:19 UTC 2003

I have:
1. 250Meg USB Zip drive: After several /dev/sda and /dev/sdb error messages,
the floppy drive is accessed, /etc/fstab is automatically add with a line
containing the /mnt/zip drive.  However, it is not automounted even though
amd is running.

2. 32Meg samsung usb jumpdrive:  Same /dev/sda and /dev/sdb errors, the
floppy drive is accessed, and it doesn't add to /etc/fstab nor automount.

I have another 128Meg SuperTalent jumpdrive I haven't tested yet but I also
probably won't work.  All devices work in WinME with not additional drivers.
Is there a way to get nautilus to give me a drive icon for this stuff?  Or
are there still kernel issues preventing this?

-eric wood