lilo vs grub

Mark Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Tue Oct 21 23:15:49 UTC 2003

From: "Paul W. Frields" <paul at frields.com>

 >> But how can we claim to be in favor of software choice when at the
 >> basic level of the bootloader we can't even let there be a choice for
 >> those who don't want to use one or the other.
 >
 >Choice is a Good Thing.
 >
 >1. Install product with Choice A included.
 >2. Hate Choice A.
 >3. Download and install Choice B.
 >4. Have joy.

Most times I would agree with this.  However, more than one person on
this list has mentioned that they *cannot* boot with Grub on their
system, so the initial Grub install would render their system useless
unless they had some kind of non-Grub bootable disk laying around.

This is one of those circumstances where it would make life a lot easier
to just have it as a selectable option.  Maybe even one that shows up
under an advanced options menu?

Have Fun, Suffer and Survive, or Get Lost in the Net!

Mark Hoover
mahoover at ispaceonline.org