Network Config

Wed Oct 22 15:23:00 UTC 2003

> Oops, brain not fully caffeinated yet. It doesn't necessarily follow
> that your cable modem would get confused in your case. But for all
> practical purposes and to ease the learning curve, I would still go with
> static IP's here.

Which reminds me, any chance of Redhat getting Zeroconf support?  I
realize that redhat's primary focus is the enterprise, where the norm is
static IPs and DHCP, but the auto IP, and particularly Multi-cast DNS are
important for home users.  When I read about this first, I was extremely
impressed with apple, and then happy to head mandrake had adopted it too,
but I've been waiting to see who else might ship it out of the box.
Anyone can install HOWL, but having it set up to reflect the actual
services the box has installed, etc., is quite another thing.

 -- noah silva