lilo vs grub

Iain Rae iainr at zathras.org
Wed Oct 22 16:03:01 UTC 2003

Janina Sajka wrote:

>But, since you seem to need to be spoon fed, here's one issue.
>
>Please tell me how I am to know when grub is available to me? Remember,
>I don't see the screen, and I don't use a braille display (like your dad
>does). So, how do I know that it's now Grub Time?

put control G characters in the "title" lines in your menu.lst file, if
you put 1 in the first title line, 2 in the second etc you'll get a
volley of beeps when the menu comes up and a beep every time you move
the selection up and down. When you boot an option you'll get the same
number of beeps as control G's in the title.