rawhide update

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 03:34:33 UTC 2003

rawhide is still unavailable.

We apologize for the inconvenience, the sync/shuffle of rawhide is
taking a little longer than we expected. We hope to have it available
again early tomorrow EDT (2003-10-23).

The new structure is:

top level directory

`|-> SRPMS                         -- source packages
 |-> headers                       -- headers for use by yum
 |-> i386
 |    |----> Fedora
 |    |        |----> RPMS         -- binary packages
 |    |        `----> base         -- information used by the installler
 |    |----> debug                 -- debuginfo RPMs
 |    |----> images                -- boot and ramdisk images
 |    `----> isolinux/dosutils/etc -- other directories as needed per arch
  ... repeat i386 structure for ia64, ppc, ppc64, s390, s390x, and x86_64

Total size is now about 26GB (debuginfo can be large).

If you're mirroring rawhide, running the attached script or something
similar before syncing will significantly reduce the bandwidth you'll need.
(Warning, written in one minute, not responsible for it eating
your computer, etc. )

Thanks,
Bill