Suggestions for a good graphics card for RH9/Fedora?

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 05:46:50 UTC 2003

> Well I think the Radeon FireGL cards are very ancient.

Can I get a suggestion for a good graphics card which will work on RH9/Fedora?
I have a Dell Dimension 650 Dual Processor with 2 3.06GHz Intel-4 processors
and it is hooked to a Dell 2000FP LCD screen. This latter can take a resolution
of 1600x1200 and it is indeed the optimal resolution. I want to be able to use
this. Currently, the graphics card, as I have written, is an ATI Radeon R300 NG
FireGL X1. This has been a nightmare. Though everything is three months old
here, I am now pretty ready to plonk down the money and get a good graphics
card for it. I am happy to pay top dollar but I don't want to get a graphics
card with some feature which does not work on a Linux system (which is my
definition of useless). Anyone have any suggestions?
Btw, if it matters, the memory on the dual processor is 2GB-ECC.

Thanks!