Compiling NVIDIA driver for -ntpl kernel

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Thu Oct 23 06:20:32 UTC 2003

I was running RH9 with all it's updates on my machine.
I decided to test the update to rawhide.
Downloaded and installed _all_ of the packages of rawhide repository and
almost everything is working fine.
Anyway, when I downloaded the IA-32 NVIDIA driver, I couldn't use it.
I mean, I run the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run and it couldn't
compile the driver for me.
My understanding (from the release-notes) is that this driver cannot be
compiled with the -ntpl kernel, but isn't there a patch or something?

- Ossama