Open GL screensaver crashes X

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg at pvv.org
Fri Oct 24 09:07:42 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 12:00, Johnny Ljunggren wrote:
> I'm using a Matrox G450 on a freshly installed FCt3-system with no
> updates (yet). Whenever the screensaver kicks in, and an Open GL-saver
> is the next in line, X crashes.
> What can be done about that? The system looks very unstable now.
> Of course, I can turn off the screen saver, or maybe install the latest
> drivers from matrox, but that doesn't solve the problem for the next
> guy.

Do OpenGL programs crash under normal use? Does it happen if you run the
screensavers from the commandline?

FWIW, it works great with the NVidia driver and with the i855 here (the
latter needs me to run a special program to allocate memory so it can
run more than 1024x768x8bpp, though... with memory allocated, only
native 1400x1050 is missing)