Very strange Desktop Behaviour after Rawhide Update

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 24 13:00:26 UTC 2003

I just did a fresh install of FC text 3 and immediately a complete
update to current rawhide. And now there is some troube.

1.
I use a Matrox G550 DVI with 2 monitors connected. I configured it to se
xinerama using the redhat config tool (very nice). The config file seems
to be correct and I couldn't detect any error in the XFree log file. But
xinerama doesn't work anymore. I have 2 identical desktops, which
display anything in parallel.

With FC test 2 I could use xinerama without any problem.

2.
If I doubleclick on the "Start Here" or any other icon on the desktop
all icons vanish and nothing happens. The right mouse button doesn't
work (over the desktop), but I can move the mouse and start programs
from the panel and use the right mouse button over the panel.

3.
Graphical boot is gone.

Peter