compiling perl and sybperl on FCT3

pjain001 at covad.net pjain001 at covad.net
Fri Oct 24 16:44:31 UTC 2003

Hello all,

Has anyone compiled perl 5.81 and sybperl 2.15 on FCT3?

Compiling perl with the following command yields an error and I guess
there are two issues regarding perl compilation.  Once I can sort through
this, I can move onto sybperl.
1) should I use gcc or gcc32
2) Is the posix library part of FCT3 and if so, why can't ld find it?

Thanks
Pankaj

Command ( from sybperl 2.15 README ):
./Configure -ders -Dlibs="-lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lposix -lcrypt"

Error:

Checking your choice of C compiler and flags for coherency...
I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }

I used the command:

        cc -o try -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib try.c -lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lcreposix
-lcrypt
         ./try

and I got the following output:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcreposix
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I can't compile the test program.
You have a BIG problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
Ok.  Stopping Configure.