Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Problem

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sun Oct 26 03:38:31 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 22:10, Steven Mackay wrote:
> OK I'm a relative newbie so excuse any stupidity on my part.
>
> I have an Athlon XP 2400+ and when I press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace instead of
> restarting X11 I get an immediate shutdown (instant power off)

I have the same problem -- my machine goes into hibernation mode when I
use Ctrl-Alt-Del.  I have all the power management features in my BIOS
turned off, so I'm not sure what causes this behavior.  I'm using an ECS
K7S5A motherboard and an Athlon 1800+.

It only started happening since I installed Fedora Core Test 2.
Previous to that I was using RH9 -- FCT2 was a clean install.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves