nautilus hang

Clifford Snow glass-art at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 19:54:18 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 11:26, Ryan G. wrote:

> Nautilus shows contents of most directories just fine, however when I
> try to view the contents of /usr nautilus just sits there no screen
> redraw with the nautilus-throbber spinning.  This goes on for several
> minutes.
>
> %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
> 75.9 76.1   3:44   0 nautilus
>
> If I destroy the non-responsive window, nautilus dies and then
> restarts.  Seems like this is an issue when viewing directories with
> lots of folders but not such a issue with directories that have lots of
> files (viewing /dev causes no problems).
>
> Is it a bug?  Or is it me... (or both)?

Not on a laptop, but I can display /usr just fine.  Takes less than a
second to display folders. Doesn't make any difference if I look at
directories with lots of folders or even lots of folders and files.
Just may take long to display.

You didn't say what test you are running and/or if your system is
updated.
I have nautilus 2.4.0-5

--
Clifford Snow