Newer ATI Radeon, ATI FireGL, and Nvidia GeForce/Quadro hardware support

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Tue Oct 28 15:05:34 UTC 2003

Globe Trotter wrote:
> thqnk you! sorry did not mean to be rude. By the way, netiquette says that a
> follow-up message should be at the end of the post. I disagree with this, but
> try to follow it in the rare instances I remember.

Hopefully you'll get better at that in time.

> Also, I did not have a lot to write about, so kept my response short.

So keep the quoted part short. There was no nee to quote ALL of Mike's
message to say thanks.  Just the last 3-4 lines would have been enough,
or the part about a particular chip.

Notice you did it again here.

> --- Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 23 October 2003 09:13, Globe Trotter wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you very much! Btw, will the ATI Radeon R300 NG FireGL X1 be

Reread the original message. Is this the chip in question?

 >>> ATI FireGL X1 NG (AGP)

Sounds like it to me, since the R350s are listed seperately. Is there
another FireGL X1 NG, that doesn't use the R300 chip?

>>>supported?

What do you mean "supported"? 2D sure, 3D, probably not soon.
Join Mike's xfree86 list (xfree86-list at redhat.com) and ask there, or ask