Beep on X11 login screen

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 18:18:48 UTC 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Nils Philippsen wrote:

>> Why not turn this into a PR pluspoint by, for at least the first boot,
>> making a little note on the login display explaining why the beep is
>> there (karma++) and how to turn it off if you are not visually
>> challenged, for extra points a checkbox right there and then.
>>
>> -Andy
>
>Having it beep by default for the visually impaired is a must IMO.

Having the default mouse cursors be a one inch high mouse pointer
that flashes bright neon colours should be the default then also,
for elderly people who are hard of sight.  We should also set the
default sound mixer levels to maximum, in order that auditorily
challenged people can hear audio by default.  We should set the
default font size of all applications to be 72 point size also,
for accessibility.

The rest of the population can very easily change mouse cursors
to the previously standard small cursor, and turn their audio
levels down, and decrease their font size.

That makes the most sense to me anyway.