kernel-2.6 test8

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 29 09:52:35 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:00:45PM -0500, Gus Vigo wrote:

> excuse my ignorance, but i'm a newbie still...
> which rpm command would i use to install this rpm?

Use the command "rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.foo-bar" .
This will install then new kernel alongside the old one.
Reboot and you'll be able to choose between the two kernels.

You're probably better off using yum which handles the whole thing
automatically. Arjanv has a README which tells you what to put in
/etc/yum.conf . After that, just run "yum update" and you're done.

Emmanuel