Yum Config Question

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:08:16 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:56, seth vidal wrote:
> > It doesn't seem like kernel-source is there by default. I will verify
> > this in a moment.
> >
> > Also, the documentation is somewhat misleading in that is says
> >
> >        installonlypkgs
> >               list  of  packages  that  should  only  ever be installed, never
> >               updated  -  kernels  in  particular  fall  into  this  category.
> >               Defaults  to  kernel,  kernel-smp,  kernel-bigmem, kernel-enter-
> >               prise, kernel-debug, kernel-unsupported.
> >
> > which is a comma separated list. I couldn't find anything in the man
> > page about the default format of multi-value directives.
> >

> yep, that's a bug, though in honesty I should just let them be space or
> comma separated.
>
> Could you file that at:
> https://devel.linux.duke.edu/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=yum
> -sv

Bug #150 is the documentation bug and bug#149 is the missing
kernel-source bug.

I just verified that kernel-source is not in the default
installonlypkgs:

before yum upgrade:
[tjb at wintermute tjb]# rpm -qa | grep kernel | sort
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2108.nptl
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2110.nptl
kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2108.nptl
kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2110.nptl
kernel-utils-2.4-9.1.101.fedora
[tjb at wintermute tjb]#

after yum upgrade:
[tjb at wintermute tjb]# rpm -qa | grep kernel | sort
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2108.nptl
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2110.nptl
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2111.nptl
kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2111.nptl