New fedora-release in rawhide

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:36:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 07:50, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Doug Stewart wrote:
>
> > I noticed that, upon running up2date this morning, it was prompting me
> > to upgrade fedora-relase to 1-1 (over 0.95).  I skipped that package, so
> > as to avoid any potential nastiness.  Does this mean that next week's
> > FC1 release has been bumped up?  Will there be any complications if I
> > upgrade to the newer fedora-release?
>
> It's part of the preparation for the release, which is not yet fully
> baked. YMMV.

Well, I in my idiocy didn't skip it.  I meant to just download it (too
look at what had changed), but instead installed it.  So, I'll let the
list know if I screwed up anything.

Oh, and there seems to be an snafu with
fedora-release-1/RELEASE-NOTES-master.xml and Galeon.  Galeon wouldn't
read it without defining — and · as ENTITY.  It then shows
it without error with a usual:

        This XML file does not appear to have any style information
        associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

This could be normal with Galeon and XML, but just an FYI.
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!  Please.
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/